Friday 2 March 2012

This is what I know.

I'm sitting here tonight after a morning of hydrotherapy (physio in a swimming pool.) I was only in for about half an hour doing things like walking from one side of the pool to the other and performing wee squats etc. Extremely basic, and extremely slow. I felt quite good afterwards, I had achieved a great deal and felt quite energised. But I think I can now honestly say I am dying...

...Ok that is a bit dramatic, but I am certainly hurting. It's not even the achy muscle type that you kind of enjoy because you know it means you're on your way to having a body like Megan Fox (it could still happen!) It's a lot deeper than that and has sucked the energy right out of me. It's the kind of pain which has made me terrified to exercise; although I've always been a gym-o-phobe... However, I will go back next week and persevere with it because I'm hoping that it'll make a difference.

My pain is pretty much constant. For the people who see me on a regular basis, I'll more than likely be feeling sore when I'm with you. Whether it's walking about the shops, or sitting eating cake- although I must stress that it is not the cakes fault I am sore...so there is absolutely no need to withhold cake from me. Thankyou.

Being in pain all the time is exhausting, and it changes a lot in your life. My ability to do the things I once loved (go long walks, shop for hours, wear high heels), the relationships I have (my ability to lift my nephew and get on the floor and play with him) and my job too. I don't know what to expect with the future now and to be honest, I find that totally poo.

So someone like me who professes to have a very profound faith in God can cause onlookers to ask where God fits in with it all. Has He forgotten me or stopped caring about the fact that I feel sore today? Well, I read a tremendous quote in a book a month or two ago and I am constantly calling it to mind.

‎Are you going to judge God by the circumstances you don't understand or judge the circumstances in the light of the character of God?

Yeah...Told you it was tremendous...and if you just skimmed that quote then go back and read it again! How often do we judge God according to our circumstances? When everything is great, God is great. When everything seems bad, God is bad. We (and I) are so fickle! But God's word says that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13v8)

It is time to stop judging things by our circumstances, and living in the light of what we know about God. When things are difficult, it helps to stop thinking about how we feel, and think about what we know.

So here is what I know-

I can cast my anxiety on Him because He cares for me (1 Peter 5v7)

He will never leave me, or forsake me. (Hebrews 13v5)

He gives strength to me and blesses me with peace (29v11)

He is a rock, a fortress and my deliverer (Psalm 18v1)

His way is perfect and His word is flawless (Psalm 18v30)

He remains faithful even when I don't, because He can't break His promise (2 Timothy 2v13)

His grace is sufficient for me and His power is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12v9)

He will meet all my needs (Phillipians 4v19)

God is good. And He cares for me. (Nahum 1v7)


All of these promises are applicable for you if you trust in Him. God can and wants to give you all these promises. If you don't know about God and spend all your time going through life based on how you feel, maybe you could try looking into what it means living a life guided lovingly by God.

Even if I hardly know you, we can do it together :)

Exhibit A- Cupcakes which are perfectly harmless for sore bodies.

1 comment: